Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hmmmm.

note: just an update, i am safe. :)

My arrival back to ucu was startling. Kimberly went to our room and found that it had been broken into while we were gone. Walking into the room was extremely creepy, seeing their entrance through the window and everything pulled out and searched through… So much could have been missing, and we are so grateful that only some money was taken. (our laptops were next to the money, and they were still there… amazing!).

because of the size of our window space, we are fairly sure a kid was involved, which breaks my heart because it likely will be used for school fees or food… what a desperate and broken world.

One thing I took from this, and have been reminded of a lot lately, is the shortness of life and the meaningless of material things. It put life into perspective and realigned my priorities. Life is becoming less and less about things, grades, perfection and fear, and more about people, relationships, love. “To live is Christ.”

Miracle?!! Before the trip I was wondering aloud with my friends why I still had my passport in my room. When I got back it was missing. Our intern said he was confident my passport was with the others at immigration, but I was (and still am) 99% sure that i still had it. I was set to get a new one (and part with all my stamps ) and was okay with that, BUT today the intern told me he had it. I literally jumped up and down!!!!  

Both kimber and I are recovering and our nerves are claming, but are very emotionally drained. A praise is that it brought us closer together, but a prayer request would be continued healing from this traumatic experience (especially for the next night the power goes out) and a renewed trust in people.

No comments: