Friday, October 12, 2007

wonderful. lovely. blessed day.

:)

Beyond exhaustion and classes, my day went from okay to the BEST!

I reminded myself that I was here for Africa and experience, NOT good marks.

I felt comfortable at lunch, ate with some Kenyan friends and saw other friends in line… I actually felt like I was PART of the community!!

Thankfully our literature class started late and ended early… so kimber and I went to “study” at a canteen. I say “study” because we actually had a super wonderful conversation for like an hour about life, instead of our mounds of reading…. J

THEN we were asked to babysit for our professor, Rev. Button at eight.

So after dinner (posho beans and rice of course) our night became even more LOVELY!

The children were adorable (blondies with English accents) and we only had to read a bedtime story and put them to bed, then we were free to hang out.

Note: Sarah went to kampala and brought back cinnamon raisin bagels… so we toasted them. And Kimberlee bought a pineapple. PLUS we had delicious tea and coffee. J

Payment for babysitting is simple here: access to steaming hot showers and free reign of the kitchen and capability to relax on a couch while watching a movie not on a laptop!!

It was my first steaming hot shower in two months. such a blessing!! :) i was SO grateful!!
Kimber and i just looked at the shower and exclaimed: "there are TWO knobs!"

It was all just too good to be true!

Praise the Lord for a day chalk full of blessings.

I feel like I am rambling petty details, but my happiness is found in and because of these petty details. J

No comments: